Saturday, July 01, 2006

TV On The Radio @ Prospect Park Bandshell 06/30/06

I showed up late and managed to miss the Voxtrot set completley. I came in right at the beggining of Matt Pond PA's performance. Speaking of Matt Pond PA, remember when they covered "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" and then put it on The OC? I do, but maybe I'm just a shitty person to hold that against them, thats what Matt Pond would say. I take that back, he would probably say "That's pretty fuckin' shitty man". I'm not much of a Matt Pond PA fan and didn't watch them peform but The best Matt Pond banter moment of the night was, "Fuckin' Brooklyn I fuckin' love Brooklyn". Slightly behind was "...fuckin' Voxtrot and fuckin' TV On The Radio are both fuckin' awesome". Righteous man!



Sure I may have seen Ramesh and the rest of Voxtrot ducking out soon after their set to Don Hill's for the Voxtrot afterparty but they must be kicking themselves for missing a great performance by TV On The Radio. While Return to Cookie Mountain hasn't even been released yet there have already been rumblings in both the blog and music world with the phrase "Album of The Year" being thrown around alot. They brought the masses to their feet and filled the isles with dancing bodies. The only person I could see that wasn't excited was the guy right next to me who was sitting down with his head between his legs as he threw up into a cup.



There were calls from my side of the audience for "Mr. Grieves" and while an acapella performance of Pixies classic would have been stunning, the encore performance of "Method" and "Satellite" kept the people from rioting. I recorded "Method".


There is hardly a method you know.